Effective Date: April 19, 2022
Triple Lift, Inc. (“TripleLift”) uses commercially reasonable efforts to provide participating buyers and sellers with a safe, transparent, and fair marketplace.TripleLift may update these Exchange Supply Policies (the “Supply Policies”) at any time and by using the TripleLift platform Seller (as defined below) agrees to an updated version of these Supply Policies. TripleLift reserves the right to accept any Seller Media (as defined below) and may further decline or take down Seller Media at its sole discretion if Seller breaches or fails to abide by these Supply Policies.
For the purposes of these Supply Policies, (1) the term “Seller” means the entity party to an agreement with TripleLift which incorporates these Supply Policies or, if none exists, the entity accessing TripleLift’s services, and (2) the term “Seller Media” has the meaning set forth in Seller’s agreement with TripleLift, or, if none exists, means domains, websites, apps, video inventory, mobile properties, connected television properties, and connected device properties, or any other electronic media approved by TripleLift on which Seller places ads.
Seller will not, and will cause the Seller Media not to, contain, promote, have links to, or engage in Prohibited Content.
Content Policies – Prohibited Content includes:
- Nudity or overly suggestive content or images.
- Content that promotes the sale or use of adult products or services, except for ads for family planning and contraception.
- Escort services, “mail-order brides,” or similar services.
The sale, distribution, and consumption of pornography.
Hate Speech or Defamatory Language
- Content that promotes or incites hatred against, discrimination of, or disparagement of an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization, or is a protected class.
- Content that harasses, intimidates, or bullies an individual or group of individuals.
- Content that threatens or advocates for harm to oneself or others.
- Content that seeks to exploit others.
Content that is misleading, libelous, invasive of others’ privacy, or otherwise harmful to TripleLift’s reputation.
Violence & Profanity
- The sale of, or instructions for creating, guns, bombs, ammunition, or weapons.
- Content containing violent language, gruesome or disgusting imagery, or graphic images or accounts of physical trauma or harm to others.
- The promotion or advocacy of death or injury or depictions of harm to others.
- Content that contains gratuitous portrayals of bodily fluids or waste.
- Content containing obscene or profane language.
- Content that promotes cruelty or gratuitous violence towards animals.
Content with intent to provoke military aggressions, genocide, war crimes or terrorism.
Content selling or promoting illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, or ways to pass a drug test.
- Content selling or promoting illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, or ways to pass a drug test.
User Experience Interference & Malware
- Content that is under construction, parked domains, or is otherwise not functional.
- Fake errors and messages.
- Content that displays fake errors or warnings to induce user action, including, for example, warnings about viruses, missing codecs, and corrupt disks.
- Sites that are not viewable in commonly used browsers.
- Sites that have disabled the browser’s back button.
- Sites that were created for the intent of running only stacked advertising.
- Sites under construction or hosted by a free service, personal home pages or websites which do not own the domain they are under.
- Placing ads on blank pages, stacking ads, providing incentives or encouraging users to click or not click on ads, or redirecting traffic to a website other than the advertiser’s website.
- Using automated methods to generate impressions, clicks or transactions, attempting to render inoperable the code used to measure ad performance.
- Content that contains software piracy, illegal activity, malware, spyware, P2P applications, viruses or other destructive code.
Content that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property or other rights.
User Generated Content
- Seller Media with user-generated content (“ UGC ”) are only accepted on a site-by-site approval basis. Seller Media which includes UGC as a portion of the page, in particular as comments/votes/etc, are permissible. Seller must be able to prove that they have content monitoring policies in place.
The following content categories are restricted by region and must be pre-approved:
- Gambling and fantasy sports
- Cannabis related content
- Sale of alcohol
- Sale of prescription drugs
- Sexual health
- Significant user generated and social content
Customer Media must acquire traffic primarily from organic sources and will use best efforts to ensure that none of the traffic is fraudulent.
The Seller must either:
- own each site on which the Seller places ads; or
- have a direct, contractual relationship with the owner of each site on which the Seller places ads. If the site in question has published an ads.txt file, the Seller’s account must be listed there as an authorized seller.
- Inventory from applications, including browser plug-ins and toolbars, that insert advertisements into the body of third party web pages or other online properties without the website’s permission, is not acceptable.
Transparency and Authorization
- Seller may only send ad requests to Triplelift where their seat ID is properly listed in the ads.txt and apps-ads.txt files for each domain.
Supply chain (schain) data must be accurately sent in ad requests where applicable.